Because ADT home protection systems use the latest technology, false alarms are minimal. However, you should still take a few simple steps to ensure that you are not inconvenienced by false alarms in your home.
- Ensure you educate everyone who will be using your monitored home protection system on how to use it
- Check that movement detectors are not obstructed
- Close and lock all doors and windows before setting the system
- Do not allow sources of heat or sound, moving objects or animals (unless you have a pet-friendly system) in range of your movement detectors
- Know the specified entry/exit route and keep to it when unsetting and setting the system. Do not enter protected areas until the system has been unset.
- Report all accidental damage to your monitored home protection system
- Do not set the alarm system after a false call until the fault has been identified
- Make sure you carry out regular maintenance checks
- Record all incidents/visits in the log book
- Check that all keys are readily available and that code numbers are known before entry
If you have any questions call the ADT Customer Service Centre on 1800 881 1111.